Monday 5 March 2012

Git Git Git

I want to set up version control for my little project as well.  Over the years I've used Visual Source Safe, StarTeam, and  Subversion.  For this project I'm going to use Git.

Why?

  • I haven't used Git before, and it seems to be a popular VCS choice these days.
  • I want to share my final project and GitHub provides free hosting for public projects.  
  • Xcode prompts you to setup your project in Git.  
So, Git it is!

I followed the steps on GitHub and found the to be pretty straight forward.  http://progit.org/book/ch1-3.html has a good overview of what Git is and how it works.  I didn't follow the installations steps on that site though.  I just went to the Git site and downloaded it, setup was easy.

Well, I got everything setup on GitHub next step will be to get my project setup and committed!


No comments:

Post a Comment