Friday 17 February 2012

My goal

I haven't programmed in about 6 months but would like to work on a small project when I have a few spare moments.  So, I need something that is interesting but do-able in my time allotment.   I haven't had a chance to work with cloud computing or mobile apps, so I'm going to create something that uses both.  I'm going to use Amazon Web Services to host a web service that I will call with a iPhone App.  So, here is what my project will do:

Web Service:

  • Given a temperature in Fahrenheit return the Celsius equivalent

IPhone App:

  • Have a simple interface that allows for the temperature input and displays the result from the web service.

Yes, this a rather contrived project, as there is no need to have a temperature converter be a web service. But this simple idea should let me create something uses the technologies I'm interested in.

I'm not going to set a date, for example be done by March 1st, because I don't think that's too realistic for me. So, I guess the first step is to create that web service!

No comments:

Post a Comment